Jul 19, 2014

LINKS, LINKS!

Hello everybunny.

I had never done a post of this type before. I don't know if that's the general thing, or just my case, but when I get into some new hobby or pet type, I get extra euphoric and my motto is "I have to know everything about it". And the obvious thing is online research. So, I bring you my top five web pages I use when it comes to rabbits. So, here we go:

#1 RabbitTalk 
http://rabbittalk.com/

Pretty much self expaining; a forum where you talk about rabbits. I love this one the most because it's so alive, your questions get answered in almost no time, there is always a bunch of people around and, besides the pet section, it also has meat rabbits show section, something many other rabbit oriented pages lack. If you have any questions or look for a place to share your love towards rabbits with people, give it a try.

#2 Genetics Color Calculator - Kim's Rabbit Hutch
http://www.ephiny.net/tim/pedigrees/color_calc.php

I like genetics, it's probably my favourite part of biology in general. This is basically a programe that allows you to see which colours produce which. Great helpful tool if you are planning to breed or find out what genes your rabbit carries.

#3 Rabbit Genotype List - Jills Wild Dutch Bunch http://jillswilddutchbunch.freehosting.net/articles/Genotypes.html#himi

Very simple; a neat list of most rabbit colour genotypes. Easy to use, the only downside would be a bit too catchy layout for my taste. Then again, the section in the end shows specific genotypes that occure in specific breeds; very helpful.

#4 Quizlet - Rabbit Color Genetics
http://quizlet.com/23474820/rabbit-color-genetics-flash-cards/

A very creative way to test your knowledge in rabbit genetics. The colour are expained well and paired with all the different names they can stand for. Cool way to spend your pastime and learn something new along.

#5 101rabbits
https://www.youtube.com/user/101rabbits

To be completely honest, I got to fifth place, and was like "OK, I have nothing". After a day of thinking, I came up with nothing. And, a little bit depressed, I opened YouTube and voila; recommended: 101rabbits. Probably my favourite rabbit oriented YouTube channel/blog ever. The right amount of care videos, informative videos and random bunny fun videos. My favourite thing about it; a proof that not only dwarves can be pets.

So, here it goes, my top five web pages when it comes to rabbits. Hope you know some of them, and if not, give them a try, I am sure you will enjoy. Thanks for reading and have nice rest of the day.

-Marko


No comments:

Post a Comment